Journey Premature Brake Wear
Dodge tried a best-of-all-worlds approach when building the Journey. Instead, they ended up with the weight of an SUV being stopped by brakes more suited for a sedan. The end result is brakes that are woefully inadequate and wear out way to…
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.
Where Brakes Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- 2009 Journey premature brake and rotor wear 353 (100%)
- 2010 Journey premature brake and rotor wear 125 (35%)
- 2008 Grand Caravan premature brake failure 120 (34%)
- 2010 Grand Caravan brakes wear out prematurely 72 (20%)
- 2010 Journey vibration while braking 33 (9%)
- 2012 Grand Caravan brakes wear prematurely 29 (8%)
- 2002 Dakota brake cylinder lock-up 28 (8%)
Dodge Durango owners just can't seem to catch a break.
That is, unless, you're talking about the break in their braking system.
"Chrysler (FCA US) is recalling over 14,700 model year 2015-2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango SUVs because the front brake calipers can break. Chrysler blames the problem on a supplier that manufactured the caliper with the wrong materials."…keep reading
Fiat-Chrysler is recalling 275k SUVs because of a BS issue. Oh wait, an ABS issue. My mistake.
275,614 model year 2012-2015 Dodge Journey SUVs could lose control because of water entering the anti-lock brake system module wiring harnesses.
Water and electronics are not friends. Once the ABS module gets wet it fries up like an egg and disables the anti-lock brakes. It might even disable the electronic stability control system (ESC) for good measure.keep reading
There are three things, according to owners, that happen when you press the brake pedal in the 2013 Dodge Dart.
Spoiler alert: none of them involve stopping.
- The brake pedal becomes very difficult to press
- There are audible hisses and pops
- Braking distances increase when driving
In fact, some owners say the only way to stop their car is to use the emergency brake (just don't mention that to these 2 owners who say their parking brake doesn't work).…keep reading