Defective TIPM Causes Multiple Electrical Problems
What is a TIPM exactly? And why is it giving so many Dodge owners headaches? We have details, plus news about recalls and a SETTLEMENT.
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.
Where Electrical Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- 2009 Journey won't turn over, engine won't start 155 (100%)
- 2011 Grand Caravan TIPM faulty, will not start, hard to start 139 (90%)
- 2011 Ram 1500 TIPM issue 124 (80%)
- 2011 Durango TIPM going bad, vehicle won't start or hard to start 123 (79%)
- 2010 Journey engine won't turn over, will not start 56 (36%)
- 2008 Grand Caravan TIPM faulty, various things, horn, wipers, etc, won't shut off 53 (34%)
- 2011 Charger alternator failure 43 (28%)
Software issues are being recalled in the 2015 Dodge Challenger.
The automaker says the instrument cluster software on the Challenger could cause the instrument cluster to go into a “reset” condition and fail to perform a “bulb check” on safety warning lights during vehicle start-up.
Dodge dealers will need to install a "software enhancement." If your car's gauges are spiked for more than 4 hours, please see your mechanic.keep reading