Defective TIPM Causes Multiple Electrical Problems
What is a TIPM exactly? And why is it giving so many Dodge owners headaches? We have details, plus news about recalls and a SETTLEMENT.Continue reading article "Defective TIPM Causes Multiple Electrical Problems"
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.Continue
Where Electrical Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- won't turn over, engine won't start in the 2009 Journey
- TIPM faulty, will not start, hard to start in the 2011 Grand Caravan
- TIPM issue in the 2011 Ram 1500
- TIPM going bad, vehicle won't start or hard to start in the 2011 Durango
- engine won't turn over, will not start in the 2010 Journey
- TIPM faulty, various things, horn, wipers, etc, won't shut off in the 2008 Grand Caravan
- alternator failure in the 2011 Charger
Software issues are being recalled in the 2015 Dodge Challenger.
The automaker says the instrument cluster software on the Challenger could cause the instrument cluster to go into a “reset” condition and fail to perform a “bulb check” on safety warning lights during vehicle start-up.
Dodge dealers will need to install a "software enhancement." If your car's gauges are spiked for more than 4 hours, please see your mechanic.keep reading article "Challenger Instrument Cluster Can Go Into 'Reset', Needs a Recall"