Valve Stem Corrosion
Fiat-Chrysler made a mistake by using aluminum valve stems in some of their early tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS), like the one found in the Dodge Journey. The aluminum stem and metal cap are highly susceptible to corrosion from sal…
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.
Where Wheels Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- 2008 Grand Caravan hub bearing assembly failed 23 (100%)
- 2008 Grand Caravan wheel bearings failure 16 (70%)
- 2013 Dart faulty tire 14 (61%)
- 2003 Ram 1500 wheel bearing worn out 13 (57%)
- 2009 Journey valve stems keep blowing off 12 (52%)
- 2009 Journey no availability of 225/55r-19 tires 9 (39%)
- 2009 Journey premature tire wear 9 (39%)
More than 500,000 Dodge Chargers are part of an interesting recall.
While the owner's manual clearly says 'wheel chocks' should be used when changing a tire using a tire jack, not everyone follows instructions. Now at least three of those people ended up getting injured when changing their Charger's tires.
Darwin has an award for this sort of thing.
Rather than place blame, however, Dodge has decided to provide owners with free chocks.
They should be ready in April, 2016. Owners can call Dodge at 800-853-1403.keep reading