Valve Stem Corrosion
Fiat-Chrysler made a mistake by using aluminum valve stems in some of their early tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS), like the one found in the Dodge Journey. The aluminum stem and metal cap are highly susceptible to corrosion from sal…Continue reading article "Valve Stem Corrosion"
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.Continue
Where Wheels Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- hub bearing assembly failed in the 2008 Grand Caravan
- wheel bearings failure in the 2008 Grand Caravan
- faulty tire in the 2013 Dart
- wheel bearing worn out in the 2003 Ram 1500
- valve stems keep blowing off in the 2009 Journey
- no availability of 225/55r-19 tires in the 2009 Journey
- premature tire wear in the 2009 Journey
More than 500,000 Dodge Chargers are part of an interesting recall.
While the owner's manual clearly says 'wheel chocks' should be used when changing a tire using a tire jack, not everyone follows instructions. Now at least three of those people ended up getting injured when changing their Charger's tires.
Darwin has an award for this sort of thing.
Rather than place blame, however, Dodge has decided to provide owners with free chocks.
They should be ready in April, 2016. Owners can call Dodge at 800-853-1403.keep reading article "Dodge Offering Free Chocks to Charger Owners"