There are 3421 owner complaints spread out over 7 years, but the most belong to the 2002.
This generation ranks 58th in reliability out of 59 overall Dodge generations.
This generation has been recalled 90 times. It's also part of 1149 investigations and has 332 TSBs.
- accessories - interior cracks in dashboard in the 2002 Ram 1500 at 83014 miles
- accessories - interior cracked dashboard in the 2003 Ram 1500 at 84674 miles
- engine engine failure due to oil sludge in the 2002 Ram 1500 at 104887 miles
- engine engine stalls/shuts down while driving in the 2005 Ram 1500 at 70736 miles
- brakes major shaking when braking in the 2006 Ram 1500 at 24523 miles
- suspension cab shakes violently above 50 mph in the 2007 Ram 1500 at 79091 miles