There are 1868 owner complaints spread out over 7 years, but the most belong to the 2000.
This generation ranks 59th in reliability out of 59 overall Dodge generations.
This generation has been recalled 32 times. It's also part of 28 investigations and has 474 TSBs.
- engine oil sludge resulting in engine failure in the 2000 Intrepid at 90116 miles
- engine engine knocking in the 2000 Intrepid at 101411 miles
- engine engine failure in the 2000 Intrepid at 101956 miles
- engine timing chain broke and bent valves in the 1999 Intrepid at 93486 miles
- engine timing chain broke, destoyed engine in the 2000 Intrepid at 88110 miles
- engine car stopped running, won't start in the 2000 Intrepid at 104156 miles