There are 1405 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 1999.
This generation ranks 56th in reliability out of 59 overall Dodge generations.
This generation has been recalled 34 times. It's also part of 73 investigations and has 372 TSBs.
- engine oil sludge in engine in the 2000 Durango at 96352 miles
- engine oil sludge resulting in engine failure in the 2002 Durango at 83550 miles
- engine shuts down while driving in the 1999 Durango at 141667 miles
- engine engine seized in the 2003 Durango at 87515 miles
- brakes ABS system module failure in the 2001 Durango at 83855 miles
- engine sludge buildup in the 2003 Durango at 68063 miles